Eating from a food truck
I have always wanted to eat off a food truck but never really managed to do so. Of course I’ve eaten from the street stalls but food trucks are another matter. Somehow, last week, I managed to shed my reservations and actually eat a burger from a food truck that was parked in my daughter’s neighbourhood.
A burger was a burger or so I thought till I had a burger from The Outslider.
To begin with it wasn’t a burger, it was a slider. The difference being in the size. A slider is much smaller than a conventional burger.
The exhaustive menu consisted of wide range of sliders
- The Outslider Fresh Angus 3 oz. Sliders, American Cheese, Pickle, Ketchup
- Bourbon BBQ Fresh Angus 3oz. Sliders, Cheddar, Applewood Bacon, Bourbon BBQ sauce
- El Macho Fresh Angus 3oz. Sliders, Cheddar, Applewood Bacon, BBQ, Jalapenos
- Sonoma Fresh Angus 3oz. Sliders, Goat Cheese, Red Wine Onion Jam
- Crab cakes Fresh Lumpur Crab Cakes, Slaw, Chipotle Aioli
- Buffalo Turkey Fresh Turkey, Buffalo Sauce, Creamy Blue Cheese
- Hand-cut Fries
- Garlic Parmesan Fries hand-cut Fries topped with Garlic Aioli, Parmesan
- Homemade Ice Cream Bars Assorted Flavors
I must admit they weren’t cheap. But since they weren’t ordinary butgers but gourmet sliders, they were definitely worth the price.
Picking up an El Macho and the Blue Burger ( slider with Blue Cheese and slaw), a small serving of fries and a Pepsi, we went off to the park to have our little picnic. So absorbed were we in eating that I forgot to take a photo!.
But here’s one of a crabcake that we bought on the way back home. It definitely was greed that made us stop for the third one!
So now I will have to walk off these calories but it was definitely worth it!
Have you ever eaten off a food truck ? What was the experience like?