After years of being brought up on the adage that empty vessels make the most noise, I find it rather strange and difficult to talk about myself especially on a public platform where anybody and everybody can see everything about me.
How does one write about oneself?
Should I be honest ? And how honest ? Brutally honest with warts and all?
Should it be exaggerated? Like I am the best?
Should it be what I would like it to be?
Should it be self-deprecating?
Well, after several attempts at trying to tell the world about me, here goes –
I am a Mumbai based home maker who has spent a large amount of time doing “nothing” as that’s what most people assume I do.
But nothing is a loosely used term to signify the jobs that I’ve done at various stages in my life and am still doing
- regular house work like tidying up, cooking, managing the household finances, shopping
- car pooling and conducting general knowledge quizzes to keep the children occupied
- giving city tours to house guests and business associates
- answering questions about random phone numbers, bus routes, train timings, hotel and restaurant numbers, birthdays and anniversaries of friends, relatives and even strangers
- searching the internet for related and unrelated information pertaining to people’s random queries
- editing and scripting letters for friends and family
- taking photographs and maintaining the family records and archives
- yoga when I have the time to stand on my head
I love traveling, eating, reading, watching movies, hanging out with my friends and above all writing. I began blogging all those years ago and only now am beginning to understand the nuances of writing a blog.
So today I can call myself an accidental cook who loves to blog about the food she eats, the restaurants she visits and the food she cooks.