The last few days have been wet and rainy , perfect for hot bhajiya and garam chai. It’s also perfect for roasted bhutta and frothy coffee. But since I’m on a serious weight loss binge, bhajiya is out .
Unfortunately, the white Indian corn is still not in season so I decided to go with some soup . I’m not too fond of American corn which I find it too sweet.
Pumpkin has never been on my Top of the Pops but ever since I found that it lends itself to a rich, thick, velvety soup, I’ve been making this soup every now and then.
Carrots and and pumpkins are both naturally sweet so if you want it a little punchy, add a little paprika or chilli flakes.
Serve with a dash of cream or stir in some milk to make it more creamy.
You could also add some chicken broth if you are a non-vegetarian
- 250 g peeled and chopped red pumpkin
- 2 small carrots peeled and cut
- 1 medium onion chopped
- 2-3 pepper corns
- Put all the chopped vegetables in a pressure pan.
- Add just enough water to pressure cook
- Add pepper corns.
- Cover the pan and put the pressure
- Allow to cook for 4-5 whistles
- Let the pressure drop on its own. Allow the cooked vegetables to cool before purring in a blender .
- Add salt and other seasoning if you like .